Are You Ready for Winter?
With winter fast approaching, there are many things that you can do to winterize and help prevent problems when the cold and the snow arrive. Here are a few things that you should consider doing before it gets too cold or we get too much snow.
- Clean out your gutters. You’d be amazed how easily they fill up and clog with leaves.
- Remove your hoses off of your outside spigots. If they freeze up they can cause problems.
- Check all of the weather stripping around your doors and windows and caulking around the exterior. Make sure the cold winter air will stay outside where it belongs.
- Change your furnace filters and have your furnace serviced by a service professional. This will make your furnace safer and more efficient.
- Test your fire alarm/carbon monoxide detectors. Remember to change the batteries annually for proper operation.
Obviously, there are many more things to do before winter gets into full swing. Hopefully, these reminders will help you remember additional items that need to be addressed.