If you are a Project Manager with 3-5 years of project management and/or estimating experience in commercial/industrial building construction, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast paced and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and expansion of our progressive company and will benefit from career advancement.
AKRA offers attractive salaries, bonus & 401K plan, paid vacation, holidays and health insurance while providing a relaxed and family-centric company culture.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- 3-5 years of Project Management and/or Estimating experience in Commercial/Industrial building construction
- Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Be familiar with job estimates, quantity and material take-offs, value engineering analysis, and feasibility studies
- Assist Business Development team with preparation of proposals and participate in team presentations as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients while best representing AKRA Builders’ values and business practices
- Manage all aspects of the owner contract, change orders, reporting requirements, etc.
- Establish and manage relationships with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors including but not limited to buyout, subcontract management, change orders, scheduling, etc.
- Work in unison with Field Management team to execute the project in compliance with Safety, Quality and Schedule requirements
- Create and maintain accurate project schedules
- Manage architects and engineers through design process on design-build contracts
- Manage financial aspects of project and coordinate with accounting department including but not limited to invoice approvals, cost projections, reporting requirements, pay application management, etc.
- Ability to manage project management duties on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously
- Good working knowledge of commercial building construction practices
- Review and interpret drawings/specifications and ensure that criteria are being met
- Manage document control, reporting and record keeping throughout the life of the project
- Team oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
Preferred Consideration given to:
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or other related fields
- Experience with Sage, AutoCad, Microsoft Project, Procore and Office Suite a plus
- Experience with estimating and/or field management exposure
- Experience with Design-Build delivery method
- Experience with Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings