If you are a General Construction Worker / Laborer with well-rounded commercial/industrial building construction experience, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast paced and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and expansion of our progressive company and will benefit from career advancement.
AKRA offers attractive salaries, bonus & 401K plan, paid vacation, holidays and health insurance while providing a relaxed and family-centric company culture.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- Accepting applications from multi-disciplined workers and laborers with a variety of levels of experience
- Perform and/or learn a variety of construction related activities including but not limited to demolition, carpentry, concrete, painting, metal building erection, general labor, and equipment operation.
- Work alongside and/or take direction from a crew foreman
- Comprehend and interpret drawings, blueprints, specifications and sketches
- Ability to work with general construction hand and power tools and equipment
- Follow established Safety program and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision needed
- Team oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
- Punctual and good attendance a must
- Possess at least a High School Diploma and valid driver’s license
- Requires physical activity including considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your body such as standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting and kneeling
- Requires regular lifting of at least 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds or more
- Will be exposed to sometimes hot and cold temperatures
Preferred Consideration given to:
- Any amount of OSHA training in the past 5 years
- First aid and CPR certified
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites
- Basic construction equipment operation experience or certifications
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills