Join our leadership team of construction professionals as we continue to grow! AKRA Builders is seeking a CFO to help direct our fast paced and exciting work environment.
AKRA offers exceptional executive level compensation and benefits, while providing a family-centric company culture.
Responsibilities of the CFO:
- Oversee accounting, treasury and contractual activities for the company.
- Oversee financial reporting and job costing. Prepare monthly contract billings and financial statements.
- Work with external tax/audit firm to insure efficient tax and audit process.
- Coordinate human resource functions within the firm. Responsible for all payroll tax and employee benefit filings.
- Assist and review with management all insurance policies and employee benefit plans.
- Maintain licensing, registration and tax nexus in multiple states.
- Monitor and assess federal and state regulations that apply to the industry.
- Assist the management team in developing and implementing financial strategies and create an environment of innovation.
- Assist management team with reviewing, interpreting and managing owner contracts and subcontract language, terms & conditions.
- Assist management team with assessment and oversight of general legal issues.
Preferred candidates will have:
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of accounting experience with a complete and thorough knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures including financial statements, general ledger and internal controls.
- Ability to keep abreast of current accounting and tax standards.
- Ability to establish and implement policies and procedures.
- Proficient with accounting and computer software systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact across all levels of the company.
- Good time management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Background in construction sector and/or cost accounting is preferred but not required.
- Ability to simultaneously manage all accounting functions for multiple projects.