If you are a Carpenter with commercial/industrial building construction experience, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast paced and exciting work environment. The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth and expansion of our progressive company and will benefit from career advancement.
AKRA offers attractive salaries, bonus & 401K plan, paid vacation, holidays and health insurance while providing a relaxed and family-centric company culture.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- Accepting applications from carpenters with varying levels of experience
- Perform a wide range of rough and finish carpentry work including but not limited to metal/wood stud framing, installing doors and hardware, formwork, specialties installation and miscellaneous trim carpentry.
- Comprehend and interpret drawings, blueprints, specifications and sketches
- Project layout
- Ability to work with general construction hand and power tools and equipment
- Follow established Safety program and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Coordinate carpentry activities with Project Management and Field Supervision team
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision needed
- Team oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
- Be generally familiar with building codes and legal regulations
- Possess at least a High School Diploma and valid driver’s license
- Requires physical activity including considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your body such as standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting and kneeling
- Requires regular lifting of at least 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds or more
- Will be exposed to sometimes hot and cold temperatures
Preferred Consideration given to:
- 10-hour OSHA certification training within the last 5 years
- First aid and CPR certified
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites
- Willingness and ability to self-perform other miscellaneous construction work such as demolition, general labor and concrete
- Basic construction equipment operation experience or certifications
Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills