If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning and growing in the commercial/industrial building construction industry, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast paced and exciting work environment. AKRA Builders targets long term dedicated employees that are looking for a career with a family-oriented company with our average employee tenure being around 17 years. You will have the opportunity to shadow other experienced Project Managers and Superintendents and receive practical real-world construction management experience.
AKRA Builders is an equal opportunity employer, and we offer a full benefits package including but not limited to profit sharing, 401K, health insurance, paid time off, along with a flexible and fun work environment.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- At AKRA Builders Project Engineers are junior or entry-level project management and estimating professionals
- 1-3 years of Project Management and/or Estimating experience in Commercial/Industrial building construction
- Current students or recent graduates of construction management programs also welcome to apply
- Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills
- Will assist Preconstruction Team with bid solicitations, subcontractor bid evaluations, quantity take-offs, schedule preparation, etc.
- Will assist Project Management Team with design coordination, submittals, RFIs, document control, subcontractor coordination, scheduling, change orders, and planning.
- Will assist Field Management Team with material procurement, scheduling, and coordination.
- General understanding of commercial building construction practices and terminology
- Review and interpret drawings/specifications
- Team oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
Preferred Consideration given to:
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and computer skills
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or other related fields
- Experience with Sage, AutoCad, Microsoft Project, Procore and Office Suite a plus
- Previous experience with project management, estimating and/or field management exposure
- Understanding of Design-Build delivery method
- Understanding of Pre-Engineered Metal Building construction