If you are a General Construction Worker / Laborer with well-rounded commercial/residential/industrial building construction experience, we need you! Come work alongside other construction professionals in a fast paced and exciting work environment. AKRA Builders targets long term dedicated employees that are looking for a career with a family-oriented company with our average employee tenure being around 17 years.
AKRA Builders is an equal opportunity employer, and we offer a full benefits package including but not limited to profit sharing, 401K, health insurance, paid time off, along with a flexible and fun work environment.
Considered Applicants will possess the following attributes and perform the following duties:
- Accepting applications from multi-disciplined workers and laborers with a variety of levels of experience
- Perform and/or learn a variety of construction related activities including but not limited to demolition, carpentry, concrete, painting, metal building erection, general labor, and equipment operation.
- Work alongside and/or take direction from a crew foreman
- Comprehend and interpret drawings, blueprints, specifications and sketches
- Ability to work with general construction hand and power tools and equipment
- Follow established Safety program and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision needed
- Team oriented individual with a positive attitude and continual desire for learning
- Punctual and good attendance a must
- Possess at least a High School Diploma and a valid driver’s license
- Requires physical activity including considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your body such as standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting and kneeling
- Requires regular lifting of at least 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds or more
- Will be exposed to sometimes hot and cold temperatures
Preferred Consideration given to:
- Any amount of OSHA training in the past 5 years
- First aid and CPR certified
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites
- Basic construction equipment operation experience or certifications
- Self-motivated candidates with strong work ethic, detail oriented, strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills